Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shakespeare Drawing: And the Winners Are...

ETIRV
Pam
Carlene
holdenj
Janel
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy My Name Is Will. I got my copy from Hatchette yesterday and am looking forward to reading it. I'll post my review as soon as I do.

A big thank-you to everyone who entered, and I'm sorry I couldn't give copies to all of you. An especially ginormous thanks to everyone who posted their favorite work by or about Shakespeare. There were some interesting choices, and one clear winner. I tallied the "votes," and here are the results:
Romeo & Juliet - 8
A Midsummer Night's Dream - 5
Hamlet - 4 (3 plus mine)

One each for The Tempest, Much Ado About Nothing, Macbeth, Twelfth Night, and Coriolanus.
One vote was for Nothing Like the Sun, a novel about The Bard by Burgess.

Note: I used Random.Org for the first time to choose the winners. It was so much easier than writing name on little pieces of paper, putting them in a big plastic bowl, and having my bird pick out the winners. Especially since she always tries to shred the paper before I can see who's name is on it. :)

2 comments:

holdenj said...

Thanks again for having the giveaway! I was excited to learn I won a copy. And really, the bird?! Great image in my mind, how fun!

Interesting R&J was such a clear winner.

Thanks again!

Missy B. said...

Congrats to the winners!!

I have nominated you for an award! You can pick it up here:
http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2009/07/kreative-blogger-award.html